The Aeropress – a versatile coffee brewing tool shaped like a giant syringe that never fails to pique the curiosity of coffee lovers.
The way it works is beautifully simple. Load your coffee grounds, pour hot water, wait and press for coffee.
Almost instant and the coffee produced is way more satisfying.
Ever since its invention in 2005, the Aeropress has made its way into the hearts of baristas and coffee lovers. It even has its own International Barista Competition.
Why is it so popular amongst coffee lovers?
The Aeropress is versatile and highly forgiving to new coffee brewers. It’s almost difficult to end up with a bad cup, if given basic instructions.
And Aerobie (the company that produces the Aeropress) provides these instructions along with the Aeropress.
Plus, it takes almost no effort to clean up. Simply dump the coffee puck and filter when you are done brewing, and give it a rinse.
It’s no wonder many coffee lovers have switched to the Aeropress for their morning cup.
Alliance Coffee’s Aeropress Brewing Method
- Insert a new filter in the filter cap and wet it with hot water
- Join the filter cap with the chamber, place it over a cup
- Put 17g of fine ground coffee into the Aeropress
- Pour enough water (at 95C) to cover the grounds, wait 30 seconds
- Stir with the stirrer provided
- Top up water to the brim.
- Place plunger (with seal attached) on and press – Keep the extraction constant, aiming for a total extraction time of 30 seconds.
- Drink with sugar or milk.